Arkansas Foodbank Network
Happy Holidays Everyone!
As most of you know our Holiday Open House, to benefit the Arkansas Foodbank, is coming up next Tuesday, December 14th from Noon - 7 pm. This will be a fun filled night, and all of us at Dr. Yee's Cosmetic and Laser Surgery Center are getting into gear with Holiday cheer! We just ask that you please bring canned goods and non-perishable food items to donate at the door. That being said, I wanted to give you a few facts to help spread awareness of the hunger problem in Arkansas. These facts are brought to you by the good people at the Arkansas Foodbank Network...
- Almost half a million Arkansans live in poverty
- Arkansas is the third hungriest state in the Nation
- More than half of children enrolled in Arkansas' public schools depend on free or reduced-price meals
- $1 will provide up to 3 meals
- Arkansas Foodbank serves more than 400 agencies, including food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and after-school feeding programs in 33 central and sounthern counties
- Foodbank agencies serve almost 23,000 people in any given week
The Arkansas Foodbank suggests bringing these items; canned meats/fish/poultry, canned/packaged meats, peanut butter, cereal, soups, canned vegetables, canned fruits, 100% juices, and pasta (No glass items, please). Please join Dr. Yee's Cosmetic & Laser Surgery Center and the Arkansas Foodbank in the fight against hunger in Arkansas, and for more information visit arkansasfoodbank.org/.
Dr. Suzanne Yee