Rejuvenate Your Appearance with Plastic Surgery in Your 40s
By Dr. Suzanne Yee on October 13, 2015
Have you heard the saying that 40 is the new 30? It is true that most patients no longer look at 40 as being old or “over the hill.” In fact many find that they are finally coming into their own in their 40s, finding career and personal success, and still feeling young and healthy. Unfortunately, those inner feelings are not always reflected on the outside. That is where plastic surgery comes in. Body contouring procedures to improve the figure, and facial plastic surgery procedures to reverse signs of aging are popular among patients in their 40s. At Dr. Suzanne Yee’s cosmetic and laser surgery center, we look at plastic surgery in your 40s as a tool that allows our Little Rock patients to more closely align their inner youthfulness with their outer appearance.
Most people associate the signs of aging with the lines and wrinkles that develop on the body. While this is certainly one aspect of aging, the body often responds in other ways as well. As patients reach their 40s, many find themselves dealing with loose skin as a result of skin elasticity, and stubborn fat deposits that no longer seem to respond to diet and exercise the way they used to. Body contouring procedures can help patients address these problems and create a firmer and more appealing figure. Below are some of the body contouring procedures that are frequently requested by patients in their 40s:
- Liposuction: Liposuction works on virtually any area of the body. This treatment can effectively and permanently remove unwanted pockets of fat.
- Tummy tuck: The tummy is notorious for holding on to excess fat. This procedure allows Dr. Yee to remove fat, tighten the abdominal skin, and repair weakened abdominal muscles.
- Arm lift: The arms often show signs of aging, especially in upper arm area. This procedure can tighten and firm the arms.
The face is the most visible part of a person’s body, so it is not surprising that facial plastic surgery is popular among patients who have begun to notice the telltale signs of aging. Facial plastic surgery can smooth lines and wrinkles, lift sagging skin, and give the face an overall more youthful and refreshed appearance. Depending on the area that is giving patients the most concern, any of the following facial plastic surgery procedures may be beneficial to patients in their 40s:
- Eyelid surgery: Puffy, loose skin is often a problem around the eyes. These conditions can make patients look worn down, aged, and unrested. Eyelid surgery can smooth out the skin around the upper and/or lower eyelids to give patients a more rejuvenated appearance.
- Brow lift: Deep lines and creases across the forehead are common as a patient ages. To lift the brows and smooth the skin of the forehead, Dr. Yee performs brow lift surgery. This procedure can dramatically reduce the signs of aging.
- Facelift: A facelift primarily addresses the signs of aging on the lower portion of the face, such as loose jowls, sunken in facial features, and deep creases between the nose and mouth. These are conditions that can develop in your 40s and significantly age your appearance. Facelift surgery addresses these concerns to restore a more youthful appearance.
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like address problem areas and enhance your natural beauty, Dr. Suzanne Yee can help. Dr. Yee offers a variety of cosmetic treatments that allow patients to eliminate imperfections and achieve their aesthetic goals. To learn more about our plastic surgery procedures, schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related to This
Love Dr. Yee! She is very caring and patient, and she answered any questions I had. She has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff as well. Highly recommend her. Best of the best!Andy A.