Five Signs it's Time for a Facelift
By Dr. Suzanne Yee on May 16, 2016
If the signs of aging have caused loose skin and deep wrinkles, and non-surgical treatments are no longer giving you the results you desire, it may be time for facelift surgery. Facelift surgery can reverse the hands of time, revealing firmer, smoother skin throughout the face for a rejuvenated appearance. To learn more about the five signs that may indicate it's time for a facelift, schedule a consultation with Little Rock, AR plastic surgeon Suzanne Yee.
1. Looking Much Older than You Feel
Many patients feel that they look much older than they feel. Sagging skin and wrinkles can make patients look older, leaving many feeling insecure and unhappy with their appearance. If facial wrinkles and excess skin have you looking older than feel, it may be time to consider a facelift.
2. Injectables and Skin Care Products Don't Work Anymore
Injectables, like BOTOX®, and anti-aging serums or skin treatments, like chemical peals, can help slow the hands of time, but may eventually fail to provide the desired results. When this happens, it may be time to consider surgical options. Undergoing facelift surgery can tighten the skin and produce a more youthful appearance. In fact, injectables may be combined with facelift surgery to provide enhanced results.
3. Wrinkles and Deep Lines Are Obvious
Once lines and wrinkles begin to form, they begin to deepen. When lines and wrinkles become prominent, facelift surgery may be the best option for diminishing their appearance.
4. Noticeably Sagging Skin
Sagging skin is a normal part of the aging process, caused by gravity and the loss of skin elasticity. As a result, the skin around the cheeks, jowls, eyes, and neck may begin to sag. Facelift surgery can help tighten loose skin and improve the overall appearance.
5. Unhappy with Your Facial Appearance
If you are unhappy with the appearance of facial wrinkles or sagging skin around the jowls, neck, or other areas of the face, it may be time for facelift surgery.
Candidates for Facelift Surgery
Both men and women can enjoy the rejuvenating benefits of facelift surgery. Because facelift surgery is a surgical procedure that requires time for healing, people who smoke or are in poor general health may not be suitable candidates. Candidates for facelift surgery should have:
- Loose, sagging skin on the neck or face: Patients with loose, hanging skin around the neck, jowls, and other areas of the face may benefit from the facelift procedure.
- Good skin elasticity: Good skin elasticity is important for achieving the best results following facelift surgery. Good skin elasticity helps the facial tissues to adjust to their new position for more youthful, natural looking results.
- Realistic goals and expectations: As with any plastic surgery, candidates for facelift surgery should have a good understanding of what facelift surgery is able to achieve.
- Good general health: Candidates for facelift surgery must be in good general health in order to tolerate surgery and recovery.
Is Facelift Surgery Right for You?
For more information about facelift surgery or other facial rejuvenation treatments, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Yee.
Related to This
Love Dr. Yee! She is very caring and patient, and she answered any questions I had. She has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff as well. Highly recommend her. Best of the best!Andy A.