The Benefits of Male Breast Reduction
Gynecomastia is a condition that causes disproportionate or excessive growth of a man's breast tissue. Some men develop this condition as a result of genetics or a hormonal imbalance, while others develop enlarged breast tissue for unknown reasons.
If gynecomastia is diminishing your confidence in your appearance, Dr. Suzanne Yee can perform male breast reduction surgery to remove excess tissue and help you achieve a more masculine look. By listening to your unique concerns and drawing upon years of training, Dr. Yee can help you experience the many benefits of male breast reduction surgery. Contact our Little Rock, AR, cosmetic surgery practice today to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Yee and learn more.
Achieve a Toned, Masculine Chest
Your male breast reduction procedure will be carefully planned and customized based on your unique goals and preferences. During surgery, Dr. Yee will first create an incision along the edge of the areola or within the armpit. As a highly skilled and experienced surgeon, Dr. Yee will carefully plan your incisions to ensure the resulting scars are as discreet as possible.
Next, she will use liposuction to break up and remove excess fat in your breast region. Dr. Yee can perform this step using ultrasonic assisted liposuction to help minimize recovery times. Depending on your particular condition, Dr. Yee may also perform glandular excisions to manually reshape your chest contours. Finally, she will pull remaining skin taut, trim the excess, and close the incisions. The end result is a firmer, more masculine look.
Boosted Confidence in Your Appearance
While gynecomastia does not pose any significant health concerns to a patient, male breast reduction surgery offers several benefits. These include:
- Increased confidence: If you feel self-conscious because of enlarged breast tissue, male breast reduction surgery can boost your confidence in your physical appearance.
- Improved ability to exercise and perform everyday activities: By eliminating excessive tissue, we can help make physical activities easier and more comfortable, particularly for men with advanced gynecomastia.
- Long-lasting results: The results of your procedure can last for many years when you work with other doctors to identify and address the root cause of your condition.
- Relatively short recovery times: Most patients can return to work within seven days of surgery and resume gentle activity within a few weeks.
- The ability to wear tighter, better-fitting clothing: Men with gynecomastia often wear baggy shirts to hide their condition. After undergoing gynecomastia correction, you can go shirtless at the beach without having to worry about your appearance.
Dr. Yee can review the benefits of gynecomastia surgery in detail during your initial consultation.
Schedule a Male Breast Reduction Consultation
Dr. Yee combines passion and artistic sensibilities with years of extensive study and meticulous training in medicine. She will custom tailor your treatment based on your unique aesthetic goals in order to achieve the results that you desire. By undergoing male breast reduction surgery, we can tighten your figure, alleviate uncomfortable physical symptoms, and boost your self-confidence. To learn more about the benefits of this procedure, contact our plastic surgery practice today.