Choosing a Tummy Tuck Surgeon
Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, can firm and tighten your midsection for a smoother, sexier appearance. Since the results of an abdominoplasty can last for many years to come, patients should look for a skilled and highly trained professional with years of experience when choosing a tummy tuck surgeon. At our Little Rock, AR, plastic surgery practice, Dr. Suzanne Yee offers all of these qualities and more to ensure your tummy tuck achieves the beautiful results you seek. When working with patients, Dr. Yee approaches cosmetic surgery as a discipline combining classical art and modern science. To schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Yee, contact our practice today.
Training and Qualifications
A tummy tuck surgeon should have extensive training and experience performing these surgeries. Surgical techniques and medical technologies are advancing every year, so your surgeon should also maintain continued education and a dedication to furthering his or her skill.
When it comes to training and qualifications, Dr. Yee is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with many notable achievements that ensure the highest degree of patient safety. These include:
- Ranking first out of 125 students at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences while earning her medical degree
- Being named Arkansas Life Magazine’s “Best of Arkansas” in her field for 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Serving on the advisory committees for Lumenis® Inc. and BOTOX® Cosmetic for more than a decade
- Gaining hospital privileges at seven local facilities, including Baptist Memorial Medical Center, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, St. Vincent North River Surgery Center, and Arkansas Surgical Hospital
In addition to these accolades, Dr. Yee also holds four board certifications, memberships in seven professional societies, a diplomate from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, four fellowships, and two academic appointments at her alma mater.
Personalized and Compassionate Care
Plastic surgery can be a very personal and emotional experience. As a result, your tummy tuck surgeon should not only have expertise and experience performing these sophisticated surgeries, he or she should also provide compassionate treatment customized to your unique needs. Dr. Yee is known for her excellent rapport with patients. She will listen closely to your goals and concerns and provide thorough answers and detailed information to help you feel comfortable and confident throughout the course of your treatment.
Our Advanced Surgical Methods
Many tummy tuck surgeons will only offer traditional abdominoplasty surgery, which may not be appropriate for achieving your individual goals. However, Dr. Yee can use sophisticated surgical techniques to provide several different forms of tummy tuck surgeries, including:
- Mini tummy tucks: If you have only minimal fat in your midsection, Dr. Yee can use a mini tummy tuck to deliver outstanding results with relatively short recovery times.
- Full tummy tucks: During a traditional abdominoplasty procedure, your surgeon will eliminate excess skin, fat, and tissue to create a firmer, sexier midsection.
- Extended abdominoplasty: With an extended abdominoplasty, Dr. Yee can eliminate “love handles” as well as unwanted fat, skin, and tissue in your abdomen.
- Lipoabdominoplasty: We can combine tummy tuck techniques with liposuction to achieve more dramatic results.
Dr. Yee will work closely with you to help choose the type of tummy tuck that best suits your unique desires.
Learn More About Tummy Tuck Surgery with Dr. Yee
Dr. Yee combines passion and artistic sensibilities with years of extensive study and meticulous training in medicine. To learn more about the benefits of choosing Dr. Yee to perform your tummy tuck surgery, reach out to our practice today and schedule an appointment.