Which Patients Are Good Breast Lift Candidates?
If you have breasts that are sagging or lacking youthful volume, you may be a good candidate for a breast lift. Dr. Suzanne Yee can identify which patients are good breast lift candidates at our Little Rock, AR, plastic surgery practice based on a variety of factors. If you suffer from ptosis (drooping) and wish to rejuvenate your bust with a lift, you will need to qualify for this procedure in order to experience its many benefits. Dr. Yee will help you decide if this procedure is right for you and perform it for qualified patients to beautify their bosoms. Contact us today to learn more about the candidacy requirements for breast lifts or schedule a consultation.
The Breast Lift Procedure
The goal of mastopexy, or breast lift surgery, is to raise the position of the bust for a perkier, proportionate, more youthful figure. To achieve these results, Dr. Yee will traditionally create an anchor-shaped incision extending down from the nipple and across the breast crease. Next, she will use this opening to access and remove unwanted skin and tissue, reshaping the breasts for greater symmetry. She may use liposuction in some cases. At this point, she may also insert saline or silicone implants, if you wish to combine this procedure with breast augmentation. Then, Dr. Yee will adjust your skin so it is smooth and trim the excess. To complete your mastopexy, she will reposition your nipple and areola so your improved breasts have an aesthetic, natural look.
Who is a Candidate?
Many women wish to undergo breast lift surgery, but you must meet certain fundamental criteria to qualify for this procedure. You may be a good candidate for mastopexy if:
- Your breasts have lost shape or volume due to childbearing, weight loss, or the natural aging process. This may make your breasts look flat or tubular. It may also cause your breasts to drop below their natural creases, your nipples to point downward, or your areolas to become enlarged.
- You are in good general health, without any chronic, immune compromising, or life-threatening conditions. You must be able to safely undergo anesthesia and sedation, as well as recover well from this procedure.
- You are at least 18 years old (you must be 21 years old to combine your breast lift with silicone implants).
- You have asymmetrical breasts.
- You do not smoke, as this harmful habit can disrupt your healing and increase your risk for certain complications.
- You are at a stable weight. Gaining or losing significant weight could interfere with your results.
- You have realistic expectations for the results of this procedure. Dr. Yee will help you better understand what you can anticipate from your surgery throughout the planning process.
Determining if You Qualify
If you are interested in pursuing breast lift surgery, your first step toward enhancing your figure will be to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Yee. During this appointment, she will assess your breasts, go over your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you. Based on this information, she will establish whether or not you are eligible for mastopexy. If you are, she will then create a customized treatment plan to suit your needs and preferences.
Learn More About Your Candidacy for Breast Lift Surgery
Are you considering rejuvenating your breasts with mastopexy? To learn more about this procedure or discover if you qualify for a breast lift, contact our plastic surgery practice today for a consultation with Dr. Yee.