Change the Size or Shape of Your Nose with Rhinoplasty
Dr. Suzanne Yee can perform a rhinoplasty procedure at her practice in Little Rock, AR, to achieve a variety of cosmetic goals for her patients. The procedure often involves cartilage shaping, soft tissue removal, and implant placement. A rhinoplasty may be performed for purely cosmetic reasons, such as reducing the size of the nose to make it more proportional, or it may be done for health reasons to correct problems that may inhibit a patient’s ability to breathe properly.
Is Rhinoplasty Right for You?
Rhinoplasty may be recommended to patients who are dissatisfied with the size or shape of their nose, or to patients who experience discomfort or difficulty breathing due to a structural problem or previous injury. A rhinoplasty can correct, repair, or change a variety of cosmetic and structural features of the nose:
- Reduce bridge width
- Reduct the hump of the nose
- Change the width of the nostrils
- Realign a crooked nose
- Reshape the tip of the nose
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
Your rhinoplasty will be performed in our office according to your specific cosmetic and medical goals. You may undergo any one of the following surgery types:
- Reduction: may involve soft tissue removal and cartilage reshaping to reduce the overall size of the nose
- Augmentation: may involve cartilage reshaping and implants to increase the size of the nose
- Post-traumatic: will reshape and rebuild nose and correct any problems caused by injury
- Reconstructive: will rebuild the nose with cartilage, tissue, and implants after a patient has lost part or all of the nose
Actual rhinoplasty patient
Dr. Yee will use one of these two techniques during your procedure:
- Closed: incisions placed inside the nostrils
- Open: incision placed across the underside of the nose, or columella, for greater access and a nearly invisible scar
When you arrive for your procedure, you will be placed under anesthesia. Once you are sedated, Dr. Yee will create the incision and lift the skin to access the underlying cartilage and tissue. She will reshape your nose according to your treatment plan, and then replace the skin and suture your incisions.
You will return for a follow-up appointment, so that Dr. Yee can monitor your recovery progress and healing.
You will remain in our care for a brief period of time after your surgery, but you will be released to go home the same day. Dr. Yee will place a splint to stabilize your nose as well as gauze in your nostrils to reduce any bleeding and to stabilize your septum. These will be removed within a few days of your surgery.
At home, you will need to keep your head elevated for the first 48 hours and avoid anything that may cause nose irritation. Dr. Yee will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions that you are follow closely. You will return to our office within one week for a follow-up appointment, so that Dr. Yee can monitor your recovery progress and healing.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
A rhinoplasty can have a dramatic affect on your appearance and your ability to breathe. To find out if you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure, contact our practice today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Suzanne Yee.