PRP for Hair Loss
Balding or thinning hair can make you self-conscious and cause you to look older than you feel.
Dr. Suzanne Yee is one of the few surgeons performing PRP for hair loss—a short, simple process that can increase hair growth and thickness.
Here's why so many men and women turn to our Little Rock, AR, practice for this innovative procedure...
Let's look at how PRP can encourage hair growth...
Hair Restoration - Platelet-Rich Plasma
Hair loss can be a significant issue for both men and women. Often times this issue is due to a genetic trait that can leave people feeling confused and helpless. There are options that are available through prescription drugs and other “natural” remedies, but these carry with them the potential for unwanted side effects. Another option may be to utilize surgery to gain the desired results; however, this can often times be very expensive and not treat the medical problems that may be underlying. Fortunately, there is now a way to treat hair loss without the undue cost or the risk of side effects; this treatment is known as Platelet – Rich Plasma.
HOW PRP WORKS
A platelet is defined as: “a small colorless disk-shaped cell fragment without a nucleus, found in large numbers in blood and involved in clotting.” These platelets act like signal callers that instruct your tissue to regenerate and multiply. These signal callers contain healing growth factors that help to heal wounds and speed up recovery time. Ultimately, PRP allows the body to regrow healthier stronger tissue.
Science has now discovered new benefits for regrowth and thickening of the hair. Stem cells and growth factors work together reverse the miniaturization of the hairs follicle and shocks dormant hair follicles back into the growing stage.
PRP FOR HAIR LOSS
There are 3 primary steps to the safe and effective injection process of PRP:
- Blood is drawn using a specific tube. That blood is then placed into a centrifuge (this is a machine with a rapidly rotating container that applies centrifugal force to its contents, typically to separate fluids of different densities or liquids from solids).
- After 10 minutes of the centrifuge process a syringe is used to collect and draw up all of the concentrated platelets.
- Using a small needle the platelets are injected directly into the scalp, in strategic areas that are marked as needing the most improvement.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT PRP
Two of the most commonly asked questions regarding PRP for hair loss are: does it hurt? Am I a candidate?
Most physicians will utilize anesthetic to limit any discomfort the patient may feel. Ultimately it is important to talk to Dr. Yee to determine what the right option is for you.
Please contact our office to learn more about this procedure and schedule your consultation with Dr. Yee. Shake off those feelings of helplessness and learn about how PRP can help you!
Suzanne Yee, MD
Dr. Suzanne Yee is a top cosmetic surgeon who combines passion, artistic sensibilities, and years of extensive study to create life-changing results for her patients. She is triple board-certified and a member of various trusted organizations:
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Yee, request an appointment online or call us at (501) 224-1044.
Love Dr. Yee! She is very caring and patient, and she answered any questions I had. She has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff as well. Highly recommend her. Best of the best!Andy A.