Mommy Makeover for New Mommies
By Crystal Davidson on August 16, 2016
Just like motherhood, the Mommy Makeover can be a life changing procedure! You fully give your body to this tiny being to grow inside, stretch, and to ultimately give birth. While this is one of the most wondrous parts of nature, the aftermath may not be so great. Pregnancy can leave you with melasma, stretched skin, stretch marks, saggy breast, new fat bulges, and vaginal laxity. With each pregnancy, these issues may become worse than before. That is why a majority of women opt for the "Mommy Makeover", which can be a combination of procedures, including; breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, tummy tuck, and/or liposuction. The Mommy Makeover is the ultimate "Get Your Groove" back procedure, but it may not be for you if you're still growing your family. Dr. Yee recommends that you are fished with pregnancies before undergoing this procedure, as another pregnancy will most likely change your surgical results. So what about us ladies that aren't quite finished adding to your family tree, or just aren't sure if we're going to be one & done? For that, Dr. Yee offers several options.
Non-Surgical Cosmetic treatments are becoming very popular with the younger generation for both preventative and corrective measures. These types of procedures are great for first time moms who may not have permanent damage, such as Diastasis Recti (separation of abdominal muscles), from their previous pregnancy or pregnancies. Also, new mommies may not have time for a long recovery and limitations, they have young kiddos to chase! This is where non-surgical comes in... Below is a list of the most popular postpartum concerns and treatment options!
Body Skin Tightening - During pregnancy, your stomach (and other parts of the body) stretch like you never thought possible. The stretching can damage the fibers of the skin, causing it to seem saggy and lax after delivery. If your one of the lucky ones, your skin will retract back close to pre-pregnancy appearance. For everyone else, there's skin tightening.
- Thermage - Thermage uses raidofrequency to tighten the skin on different areas of the body, including; abdomen, thighs, knees, arms, and even face
- Ultherapy - Ultherapy is an energy based device that uses ultrasound energy to reach damaged skin layers that cause sagging. Treats areas of the body and face
- Venus SculptFX - SulptFX infiltrates many layers of skin from the inside out, which stimulates and rebuilds collagen without damaging the surrounding tissue
- ThermiTight - ThermiTight uses raido waves to heat tissue, which in turn shrinks cells and stimulates natural collagen production. It helps to diminish laxity of the breasts, thighs, knees, and face
Stretch Marks - As your belly grows to accommodate baby, your skin is stretched constantly. Skin becomes especially stretched during later stages of pregnancy when the baby is growing rapidly. This can cause deep layers of the skin to tear creating the appearance of lines on the outer layer of skin. Stretch marks can be either purple or white.
- ResurFX - ResurFX is a laser designed to improve tone and texture, while also regenerating collagen.
- Pulsed Dye Laser (PDL) - PDL is a laser that targets under the skin's surface and stimulates new collagen growth, while diminishing the purple/red appearance of stretch marks
- Fraxel - Fraxel eliminates damaged skin, which in turn activates the natural healing process. This used to treat texture and tone of white stretch marks
Fatty Bulges - After the baby weight comes off, there may be lump or two in places you've never had an ounce fat! Fat deposits on areas such as the abdomen, arms, hips, waist, and legs are very common. While liposuction is amazing and yields surgical results, non invasive fat reduction is key for Mom on the go!
- CoolSculpting - CoolSculpting is a non-invasive body sliming procedure which decreases fat by freezing the cells without damaging the skin. It can be done in one treatment with no downtime. Treatment areas: abdomen, flanks, thighs, arms, love handles/muffin top, and even under the chin!
Melasma - Melasma (pregnancy mask) is a common skin condition that may arise during pregnancy. The influx of hormones in the body cause brownish patches on areas of the face. The condition may clear itself, but many women are left with pregnancy mask long after giving birth.
- Fraxel - Fraxel is a laser designed to lift damaged skin cells, and help regenerate new skin
- Clear + Brilliant - C + B illuminates skin, smooths texture, improves tone, and even reduces pore size
- Obagi Skin Care - Obagi is a complete skin care system, which uses Hydroquinone to suppress brown spots and patches on the skin
Vaginal Laxity - During birth, the tissues in the vagina are stretched and some women may experience urinary incontinence, poor lubrication, and larger labia.
- ThermiVa - Address vaginal and vulvo laxity, atrophic vaginitis, urinary incontinence, conditions relating to orgasm, vaginal sweating, poor lubrication, elongated labia, and other issues. ThermiVa™ uses controlled thermal energy to safely and effectively produce the desired effects on the treatment areas.
If you've lost your figure, have unwanted marks, and/or skin conditions with Baby #1.... There are few things you can do to get back your pre-pregnancy body before Baby #2!
Related to This
Love Dr. Yee! She is very caring and patient, and she answered any questions I had. She has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff as well. Highly recommend her. Best of the best!Andy A.